A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Chartered Tax Manager with a blend of Personal and Corporate Tax experience, who has developed excellent leadership skills in order to manage and lead a small team of senior and junior tax specialists.
Essential skills and experience include:
– Chartered Tax Adviser
– Driver’s licence and own vehicle
– 5 years’ experience of working in a professional services environment Tax team
Specific experience in:
– Corporate tax advisory work
– Personal tax advisory work
– Supervising & reviewing work of junior members of the team
– Advising on reorganisations, demergers, share schemes, HMRC enquiries and profit extraction
– The ability to take responsibility for resolving issues and delivering solutions
– The ability to effectively communicate and create drive and enthusiasm through techniques appropriate to the situation
– The ability to work in co-operation with others to achieve the required objective
– The ability to work effectively, monitoring and checking the accuracy of work and developing others to solve problems
– The ability to see and understand the requirements for effective client relations, how these relate to individual roles, teams, departments and the overall aims of the Firm
– The ability and enthusiasm to willingly identify and develop the potential in others and achieve the aims of the Firm
– The ability to manage, for a profit, the performance of groups or individuals in such ways that deliver high standards and results
– The ability to understand and identify financial, commercial and business opportunities and how these may be utilised to the benefit of the Firm.
– The ability to build and lead an effective team, or teams, by motivating, supporting and empowering individuals
– Proven ability to research technical taxation issues and give advice
– The ability to identify cross selling opportunities for other departments as well as generating new business for the tax team
Click to view the job description and the person specification for this role.
If you are a proactive, solutions focussed person who meets the essential requirements and would like to make a valuable contribution within a well-established and prestigious firm at the forefront of their sector, please submit your CV outlining how you meet these requirements to careers@Cowgills.co.uk.