A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Accountant who will join our Growth and Entrepreneurial division.
- Preparation of annual financial statements ensuring compliance with all current reporting standards, for review by manager / partner
- Preparation of supporting accounting schedules and reconciliations, obtaining relevant documentation to evidence amounts in the financial statements
- Maintains confidentiality as a Data Processor in accordance with GDPR
- Identifies potential problems/areas of risk and uses initiative to proactively propose solutions, addresses them or report them as appropriate
- Preparation of basic tax computations and schedules (assistance from tax department, where required, in more complex situations) for inclusion in the annual financial statements
- Preparation of finalisation meeting agenda to highlight any discussion points required with the client
- Ensuring all relevant submissions to Companies House and HMRC are completed before deadlines
- Leads on multiple assignments simultaneously, taking personal responsibility for ensuring completion in accordance with deadlines, and pro-actively identifying potential resourcing/timing issues and discussing them with Manager
- Maintains regular contact and pro-actively develops a good relationship and understanding of client in order to use judgement, adapt approach and communication to ensure client satisfaction
- Prepares for, and attends client meetings, identifying areas of concern and identifies potential solutions
- Acts decisively and with clarity when working and communicating with clients, dealing with difficult conversations
- Escalates complex issues and areas of risk to Manager/Director or Partner as appropriate
- Understands impact on client relationship where there are multiple services offered within the Firm to same client
- Proactively seeks to expand own knowledge of other teams to avoid duplication
- Offers support to team members and other teams by sharing resources as appropriate and personally getting involved with no regard to position or status
- Communicates with other departments, working with the same client, to ensure overall service to client is of a high quality
- Is pro-active, acting swiftly, decisively and offers solutions to issues
- Identifies cross-department opportunities with clients, gains sufficient information to make appropriate introductions where client shows interest
If you are a proactive, solutions focussed person who meets the essential requirements and would like to make a valuable contribution within a well-established and prestigious firm at the forefront of their sector, please submit your CV outlining how you meet these requirements to careers@Cowgills.co.uk.
For more information please click the links below for supporting information.