Due to the continual growth within our Business Growth and Entrepreneurial department, a number of vacancies have arisen for experienced Audit Seniors to join our team who are responsible for fulfilling the lead role on Audits, co-ordinating and supporting the work of, and developing Audit Juniors.
- Liaises with manager on audit plan, extent and duration of work
- Leads on-site audits, implementing agreed plan, through to completion, co-ordinating on-site resources, allocating people to tasks and timescales for completion.
- Uses judgement and experience to deal with obstacles, and high-pressure situations
- Lead on audit quality ensuring adherence and compliance with company practice, use of pro-forma documents and auditing standards
- Maintains confidentiality as a Data Processor in accordance with GDPR and ensures compliance by Audit Juniors.
- Identifies potential problems/areas of risk and uses initiative to proactively propose solutions, addresses them or report them as appropriate
- Reviews work of Audit Juniors
- Responsible for on-site audit findings report, identifying and documenting any areas of concern/risks identified by audit team, emphasising relevant messages, and submitting it for review before deadline date
- Upon completion of review by Manager/Director/Partner, completes all review points in full.
- Collates Annual Financial Statements for review
- Ensure final audit file (electronic), is updated and filed in accordance with company practice
- Leads on multiple assignments simultaneously, taking personal responsibility for ensuring completion in accordance with deadlines, and pro-actively identifying potential resourcing/timing issues and discussing them with Manager
- Develops a good relationship and understanding of client in order to adapt approach and communication to ensure client satisfaction
- Manages client expectations during the Audit, acting confidently and decisively
- Communicates on technical, non-technical and commercial issues with clarity, emphasising relevant messages with logical persuasion.
- Ensures proactive time and information management with client finance team during audit
- Understands impact on client relationship where there are multiple services offered within the Firm to same client
- Proactively seeks to expand own knowledge of other teams and how work overlaps; identifying potential areas of conflict and opportunities and taking actions to maximise cross-team working
- Communicates with other departments, working with the same client, to ensure overall service to client is of a high quality
- Works with a multi-disciplinary team on occasion, supporting staff in functions not within own discipline, and ensure appropriate liaison and communication with colleagues
- Offers support to team members and other teams by sharing knowledge as appropriate and personally getting involved with no regard to position or status
- Identifies cross-department opportunities with clients, gains sufficient information to make appropriate introductions where client shows interest
- Leads by example, acting as a role model and adapting leadership style to suit the individual and situation
- Supports and develops Audit Juniors by showing how to do tasks, varying these tasks to enhance learning opportunities and giving regular constructive feedback
- Identifies strengths and when people need support, reallocates work as required
- Seeks input and opinions from team members
- Identifies development areas and encourages shared learning
- Reports performance and development concerns to Manager
If you are a proactive, solutions focussed person who meets the essential requirements and would like to make a valuable contribution within a well-established and prestigious firm at the forefront of their sector, please submit your CV outlining how you meet these requirements to careers@Cowgills.co.uk.
For more information please click the links below for supporting information.