A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Chartered Tax Manager with a blend of Personal and Corporate Tax experience, who has developed excellent leadership skills in order to manage and lead a small team of senior and junior tax specialists.
Essential skills and experience include:
- Chartered Tax Adviser
- Driver’s licence and own vehicle
- 5 years’ experience of working in a professional services environment Tax team
Specific experience in:
- Corporate tax advisory work
- Personal tax advisory work
- Supervising & reviewing work of junior members of the team
- Advising on reorganisations, demergers, share schemes, HMRC enquiries and profit extraction
- The ability to take responsibility for resolving issues and delivering solutions
- The ability to effectively communicate and create drive and enthusiasm through techniques appropriate to the situation
- The ability to work in co-operation with others to achieve the required objective
- The ability to work effectively, monitoring and checking the accuracy of work and developing others to solve problems
- The ability to see and understand the requirements for effective client relations, how these relate to individual roles, teams, departments and the overall aims of the Firm
- The ability and enthusiasm to willingly identify and develop the potential in others and achieve the aims of the Firm
- The ability to manage, for a profit, the performance of groups or individuals in such ways that deliver high standards and results
- The ability to understand and identify financial, commercial and business opportunities and how these may be utilised to the benefit of the Firm.
- The ability to build and lead an effective team, or teams, by motivating, supporting and empowering individuals
- Proven ability to research technical taxation issues and give advice
- The ability to identify cross selling opportunities for other departments as well as generating new business for the tax team
If you are a proactive, solutions focussed person who meets the essential requirements and would like to make a valuable contribution within a well-established and prestigious firm at the forefront of their sector, please submit your CV outlining how you meet these requirements to careers@Cowgills.co.uk.