We are looking for a number of Accountants to join one of the fastest growing teams in the North West.
At Cowgills we make your career development our priority. Whatever you think is possible for yourself is possible at Cowgills.
We are of course aware that the role of an accountant in the audit team may not be your long term goal. We recognise that this is just the starting point for a long and varied career with Cowgills and we actively encourage transition across our business.
We’re not your ordinary accountancy firm, far from it. While we’re one of the North West’s leading independent firms of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors, we’ve never lost sight of the fact that we work with people, not just numbers.
We are our people
We’re extremely proud of all the people who make up Cowgills. It’s what sets us apart. We make your career our our priority, and will give you all of the flexibility that you need to enjoy a work life balance.
We’re also a sociable bunch, providing a fun working environment is really important to us.
Our Audit Team
Is one of the fastest growing in the region. We are really proud of the service that our team provides to our fantastic list of clients across our key sectors. As an independent firm our audit team is like no other, they have regular contact with clients, developing strong relationships and are a key part of their success.
A little bit more about the role
- Preparation of annual financial statements ensuring compliance with all current reporting standards, for review by manager / partner
- Preparation of supporting accounting schedules and reconciliations, obtaining relevant documentation to evidence amounts in the financial statements
- Identify potential problems/areas of risk and uses initiative to proactively propose solutions, addresses them or report them as appropriate
- Preparation of basic tax computations and schedules (assistance from tax department, where required, in more complex situations) for inclusion in the annual financial statements
- Preparation of finalisation meeting agenda to highlight any discussion points required with the client
- Ensuring all relevant submissions to Companies House and HMRC are completed before deadlines
- Leading on multiple assignments simultaneously, taking personal responsibility for ensuring completion in accordance with deadlines, and pro-actively identifying potential resourcing/timing issues.
Who were looking for
- The ability to work effectively as part of our team
- Ability to multi-task
- To understand the requirements for effective client relations, how these relate to individual roles, teams, departments and the overall Cowgills group
- The ability to work effectively, monitoring and checking the accuracy of work and developing others to solve problem
- You will want to be a part of what and who we are. As an independent firm we look to our people to challenge us and help us to grow but most importantly we want colleagues to enjoy coming to work, to feel challenged and to be part of our ongoing success
If you are interested in this role, or would like to speak to someone in more detail about it then please email a copy of your CV to our careers team: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer
- People join Cowgills because of the positive and enjoyable culture that our people create, we can guarantee you’ll really love working here
- Flexible working (work from home, work from the office, the choice is yours)
- Incredible development and career growth
- List of benefits including, access to counselling services and subsidised health
- A highly competitive salary (details available on request)