We are looking for a number of Audit Seniors to join one of the fastest growing teams in the North West.
At Cowgills we make your career development our priority. Whatever you think is possible for yourself is possible at Cowgills.
We are aware that the role of an Audit Senior is unlikely to be long term. We recognise that this is just the starting point for a long and varied career with Cowgills and we actively encourage transition across our business.
We’re not your ordinary accountancy firm, far from it. While we’re one of the North West’s leading independent firms of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors, we’ve never lost sight of the fact that we work with people, not just numbers.
We are our people
We’re extremely proud of all the people who make up Cowgills. It’s what sets us apart. We make your career our our priority, and will give you all of the flexibility that you need to enjoy a work life balance.
We’re also a sociable bunch, providing a fun working environment is really important to us.
Our Audit Team
Is one of the fastest growing in the region. We are really proud of the service that our team provides to our fantastic list of clients across our key sectors. As an independent firm our audit team is like no other, they have regular contact with clients, developing strong relationships and are a key part of their success.
A little bit more about the role
- Leads on-site audits, implementing agreed plan, through to completion, co-ordinating on-site resources, allocating the team to tasks and timescales for completion.
- Lead on audit quality, ensuring adherence and compliance with company practice and auditing standards
- Working closely with audit juniors, reviewing their work and supporting them in the development of their role
- Responsible for on-site audit findings report, identifying and documenting any areas of concern/risks identified by audit team, emphasising relevant messages, and submitting for review
- Developing good client relationships, in order to adapt approach and communication and ensure client satisfaction
- Understands the impact on client relationship where there are multiple services offered across Cowgills to same client and works with the rest of the teams to ensure a great client experience
- Offers support to team members and across other teams, sharing knowledge as appropriate and personally getting involved
- We’re looking for colleagues who want to learn and expand on their own knowledge identifying where work overlaps; identifying potential areas of conflict and opportunities and taking actions to maximise cross-team working
Who we're looking for
- Knowledge of Accounting, Auditing and Corporate Taxation
- The ability to take responsibility for resolving issues and proposing solutions
- Be able to effectively communicate
- To work in co-operation with others to achieve the required objective
- The ability to multi-task whilst maintaining quality of delivery
- Be able to see and understand the requirements for effective client relations, how these relate to individual roles, teams, departments and the overall objectives of the Cowgills group
- To work effectively, monitoring and checking the accuracy of work and developing others to solve problems
- You will want to be a part of what and who we are. As an independent firm we look to our people to challenge us and help us to grow but most importantly we want colleagues to enjoy coming to work, to feel challenged and to be part of our ongoing success.
Qualifications and experience
- ACCA or ACA Qualified
- 1-2 years’ post qualification working in a similar environment (eg regional accountancy Firm)
- Experience of overseeing, training and developing audit juniors on site and in the office on assigned clients
- Experience of working with groups of companies/companies that are growing with possible MBO’s, funding requirements, plans to sell in foreseeable future, business acquisitions and group restructurings
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
What we offer
- People join Cowgills because of the positive and enjoyable culture that our people create, we can guarantee you’ll really love working here
- Flexible working (work from home, work from the office, the choice is yours)
- Incredible development and career growth
- List of benefits including, access to counselling services and subsidised health
- A highly competitive salary (details available on request)
If you are interested in this role, then please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com< Return to Cowgills careers