A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Audit Senior, to co-ordinate, support and develop Audit Juniors.
- Leads on-site audits, implementing agreed plan, through to completion, co-ordinating on-site resources, allocating people to tasks and timescales for completion.
- Lead on audit quality ensuring adherence and compliance with company practice, use of pro-forma documents and auditing standards
- Reviews work of Audit Juniors
- Responsible for on-site audit findings report, identifying and documenting any areas of concern/risks identified by audit team, emphasising relevant messages, and submitting it for review before deadline date
- Develops a good relationship and understanding of client in order to adapt approach and communication to ensure client satisfaction
- Understands impact on client relationship where there are multiple services offered within the Firm to same client
- Offers support to team members and other teams by sharing knowledge as appropriate and personally getting involved with no regard to position or status
- Proactively seeks to expand own knowledge of other teams and how work overlaps; identifying potential areas of conflict and opportunities and taking actions to maximise cross-team working
- Supports and develops Audit Juniors by showing how to do tasks, varying these tasks to enhance learning opportunities and giving regular constructive feedback
- Identifies strengths and when people need support, reallocates work as required.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Accounting, Auditing and Corporate Taxation
- The ability to take responsibility for resolving issues and proposing solutions
- The ability to effectively communicate using techniques appropriate to the situation
- The ability to work in co-operation with others to achieve the required objective
- The ability to multi-task whilst maintaining quality of delivery
- The ability to see and understand the requirements for effective client relations, how these relate to individual roles, teams, departments and the overall aims of the Firm
- The ability to work effectively, monitoring and checking the accuracy of work and developing others to solve problem.
Qualifications and experience
- ACCA or ACA Qualified
- 1-2 years’ post qualification working in a similar environment (eg regional accountancy Firm)
- Experience of overseeing, training and developing audit juniors on site and in the office on assigned clients
- Experience of working with groups of companies/companies that are growing with possible MBO’s, funding requirements, plans to sell in foreseeable future, business acquisitions and group restructurings
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team.
If you are interested in this role, then please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com< Return to Cowgills careers