We are looking for a VAT Junior to join our exceptional North West team.
At Cowgills we make your career development our priority. Whatever you think is possible for yourself is possible at Cowgills.
We’re not your ordinary accountancy firm, far from it. While we’re one of the North West’s leading independent firms of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors, we’ve never lost sight of the fact that we work with people, not just numbers.
We are our people
We’re extremely proud of all the people who make up Cowgills. It’s what sets us apart. We make your career our priority, and will give you all of the flexibility that you need to enjoy a work life balance.
We’re also a sociable bunch, providing a fun working environment is really important to us.
The VAT Junior will assist the wider VAT team to provide advisory services to clients, by undertaking research and forming views on the VAT treatment of a supply.
A little bit more about the role
- Providing support to clients and colleagues on VAT technical matters
- Undertaking high level reviews of VAT returns to identify errors or areas of risk
- Assisting with business development and marketing, feeding into blogs, webinars, seminars, etc
- Developing technical knowledge and keeping abreast of developments in the sector
- Assistance with team administrative tasks
- Offers support to team members and across other teams, sharing knowledge as appropriate and personally getting involved
Who we're looking for
- Knowledge of VAT or other taxes will be an advantage, but other experience welcome
- Willingness to learn, and build on skills and knowledge, as well as undertake professional qualifications to develop in the role
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work under their own steam
- Be able to effectively communicate
- To work in co-operation with others to achieve the required objective
- The ability to multi-task whilst maintaining quality of delivery
- You will want to be a part of what and who we are. As an independent firm we look to our people to challenge us and help us to grow but most importantly we want colleagues to enjoy coming to work, to feel challenged and to be part of our ongoing success
Qualifications and experience
- ATT CTA/AIIT part qualified
- Or experience working in a similar environment (e.g. regional accountancy firm)
What we offer
- People join Cowgills because of the positive and enjoyable culture that our people create, we can guarantee you’ll really love working here
- Flexible working
- Incredible development and career growth
- List of benefits including access to counselling services and subsidised health
- A highly competitive salary (details available on request)
If you are interested in the role of VAT Junior, then please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com< Return to Cowgills careers