We are looking for a VAT Manager to join our exceptional North West team.
At Cowgills we make your career development our priority. Whatever you think is possible for yourself is possible at Cowgills.
We’re not your ordinary accountancy firm, far from it. While we’re one of the North West’s leading independent firms of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors, we’ve never lost sight of the fact that we work with people, not just numbers.
We are our people
We’re extremely proud of all the people who make up Cowgills. It’s what sets us apart. We make your career our priority, and will give you all of the flexibility that you need to enjoy a work life balance.
We’re also a sociable bunch, providing a fun working environment is really important to us.
The VAT Manager will provide straight-forward, tailored advice to clients in a range of industries, within a large and varied client portfolio.
A little bit more about the role
- Responsibility for developing and managing client relationships: keeping clients updated with changes in the sector, billing and recoveries, where necessary adapt approach and communication and ensure client satisfaction
- Strong focus on marketing and business development, writing blogs and input into newsletters, seminars and webinars
- Identifying areas of risk or opportunities to take to market
- Working closely with VAT juniors, reviewing their work and supporting them in the development of their role
- Understands the impact on client relationship where there are multiple services offered across Cowgills to same client and works with the rest of the teams to ensure a great client experience
- Offers support to team members and across other teams, sharing knowledge as appropriate and personally getting involved
- We’re looking for colleagues who want to learn and expand on their own knowledge identifying where work overlaps; identifying potential areas of conflict and opportunities and taking actions to maximise cross-team working
Who we're looking for
- In depth knowledge of VAT as well as an understanding of wider tax issues
- Interest in land and property
- Ability to work under their own steam, taking responsibility for resolving issues and proposing solutions
- Be able to effectively communicate
- To work in co-operation with others to achieve the required objective
- The ability to multi-task whilst maintaining quality of delivery
- Be able to see and understand the requirements for effective client relations, how these relate to individual roles, teams, departments and the overall objectives of the Cowgills group
- To work effectively, monitoring and checking the accuracy of work and developing others to solve problems
- You will want to be a part of what and who we are. As an independent firm we look to our people to challenge us and help us to grow but most importantly we want colleagues to enjoy coming to work, to feel challenged and to be part of our ongoing success
Qualifications and experience
- CTA/AIIT Qualified
- Or experience working in a similar environment (eg regional accountancy Firm)
- Experience of overseeing, training and developing juniors in a team, taking responsibility for their output
- Experience of working with entities with complex VAT affairs, including partly exempt businesses, large corporate groups and businesses involved in land and property
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
What we offer
- People join Cowgills because of the positive and enjoyable culture that our people create, we can guarantee you’ll really love working here
- Flexible working
- Incredible development and career growth
- List of benefits including access to counselling services and subsidised health
- A highly competitive salary (details available on request)
If you are interested in the role of VAT Manager, then please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org< Return to Cowgills careers