For more information on Creditor fees please select the appropriate document from below.
- Administrators’ fees
- Liquidators’ fees
- Trustee in bankruptcy fees
- Voluntary arrangement fees
- Shareholders’ guide to liquidators’ fees
Creditor Rights – Quality of Service
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the services you are receiving, please email Jason Elliott or Craig Johns, or alternatively contact us in writing at:
Cowgill Holloway Business Recovery LLP
45-53 Chorley New Road
We will carefully consider any complaint we receive and, if we believe that we have given a less than satisfactory service, we will take all reasonable steps to put it right.
When responding to a complaint, we will always endeavour to provide; where appropriate a clear explanation of the matters affecting the duties of an office holder, including the relevant legislation.
Whilst we undertake to look into any complaint carefully and promptly and to do all we can to explain the position to you, if you remain unsatisfied, you have the right to refer the matter to the Insolvency Complaints Gateway which is operated by the Insolvency Service, an Executive Agency of the Department of Business Innovation and Skills (‘BIS’). Complaints can be made by email, telephone or letter as follows:-
- Calling the Insolvency Service Enquiry Line on 0845 602 9848
- (Monday to Friday – 8am to 5pm);
- Emailing the completed complaints form to:
- Posting the completed complaints form to:
- IP Complaints, Insolvency Service, 3rd Floor, 1 City Walk, Leeds, LS11 9DA;
- To obtain a complaint form or for more details, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insolvency-practitioner
Please click here to view our privacy notice.
Come and See us
We would be delighted
to hear from you.
Meet the team
Partner, Business Recovery
Business Development Manager
News & Insight
Autumn Statement Review
Fiscal drag and how to protect your finances
Cowgills advise Trade Fabrication Systems Ltd on US deal
Cowgills reaffirms commitment to Bolton with new office in the town
Are you prepared to refinance your business?
What can we expect in the Autumn Statement on 22 November?
The recent increase in Property Services M&A
Has the agency valuation bubble burst?
Cowgills appoints its first indirect tax partner