HMRC Investigations and Disclosures
We can provide expert advice, support and guidance throughout a HMRC investigation and disclosure process.
Whether it will be checks into your business accounts or your own personal tax affairs, we have over 35 years’ experience to provide you with the right technical knowledge. With our up to date understanding of the world of tax we can determine a bespoke and tailored plan that will provide you with the right solutions when dealing with HMRC.
HMRC investigations and voluntary disclosure have become more aggressive and time consuming and can take many months, even years to conclude. Last year alone £3.5bn of additional tax was generated from HMRC carrying out investigations. Our expert Tax team can offer a discreet service to entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals who may face an investigation or are going through the disclosure process.
Our approach is to ease the process and reach the best possible outcome for you. We know from experience the importance of getting the right specialist advice at the right time and we are confident that we are able to advise you on the best strategy to take to bring your tax affairs up to date.
We can assist and help with
- Tax investigations
- Discovery assessment by HMRC
- Contractual Disclosure Facility (COP 9)
- Voluntary disclosures.
Get in touch, to find out more about our service and how we can help you.
Case Scenarios for Investigations & Disclosures
We have worked with and offered expert advice on the following;
- A business owner who had extracted untaxed income totaling £800k
- An employed sales director with undisclosed rental income of £20,000 on buy to let property portfolio
- A company who faced HMRC enquiry into a £1m plus bad debt provision
- A company facing an enquiry into the use of historic tax schemes with a potential liability of £1m
- A property developer who was subjected to a Corporate Tax enquiry with professional costs exceeding £13,400
- A doctor who was subjected to an enquiry which lasted over a year. More than £7,000 of fees were incurred in refuting HMRC’s allegations
- A parent who gifted a property to his children and faced a Capital Gains Tax enquiry where professional costs reached over £10,000
Come and See us
We would be delighted
to hear from you.
Meet the team
News & Insight
R&D Tax Relief
Research and Development (R&D) tax relief for Advanced Engineering
European Super-Welterweight Title could be coming back to Bolton!
Investing and trading in cryptocurrency – get your crypto tax right
Cowgills advises UK Landscapes on their investment from Mercia
What to do with a lump sum
Non Cash Employee Incentive – is the Enterprise Management Incentive Scheme right for you?
R&D Tax Relief
Sectors that can qualify for R&D tax relief
Cowgills expands tax team with senior hires
Change in the treatment of the construction VAT self-supply charge