Research & Development Tax Relief
If you’ve invested in R&D, or even if you aren’t sure if what you’ve done is R&D, we can help and assess to see if you’re entitled to tax relief.
For many businesses, R&D is a big financial commitment with potentially huge rewards – giving you a valuable advantage over your competitors. Or as we find in many cases – businesses don’t even realise they are doing R&D, they just see it as improving the way they work.
With our experts’ help we can help you unlock potential tax relief on your known and unknown R&D activities. We are experts in R&D tax claims, with over 13 years’ experience in reviewing, managing and submitting successful claims.
How it all works
If you’re an SME with;
- less than 500 employees
- annual turnover of less than £100million, and
- balance sheet assets of less than £86million
you can claim back up to 33% of your costs. If your company’s larger than that, you can claim up to 10%.
Did you know?
- £3.5bn was claimed in R&D tax credits in 2017 (25% increase from the previous year)
- Only £350m of this was claimed by companies in the North of England
- 85% of claims came from SME’s
- 71% of the total claims are from businesses in the following three sectors;
- Information and communication
- Professional, scientific and technical
- The average claim is £53,876
- At Cowgills we have 13 years’ experience in dealing with R&D tax claims
- In the previous three years, Cowgills have saved our clients over £6m – that’s an average of £88k per client!
Gathering the evidence for a claim
Essentially, your claim needs to demonstrate to HMRC that your research is not only technologically innovative, but also ahead of other options currently available – and that’s where we come in.
We take full responsibility from beginning to end – gathering evidence, putting your claim together and answering any questions raised by HMRC. All whilst making the process simple and minimising disruption so you can concentrate on running your business.
If you’re not sure whether you’d qualify, don’t worry – we’re happy just to have an exploratory chat to assess your case. We also have a dedicated R&D website – https://www.rndcowgills.co.uk/
Come and See us
We would be delighted
to hear from you.
Meet the team
News & Insight
R&D Tax Relief
Research and Development (R&D) tax relief for Advanced Engineering
European Super-Welterweight Title could be coming back to Bolton!
Investing and trading in cryptocurrency – get your crypto tax right
Cowgills advises UK Landscapes on their investment from Mercia
What to do with a lump sum
Non Cash Employee Incentive – is the Enterprise Management Incentive Scheme right for you?
R&D Tax Relief
Sectors that can qualify for R&D tax relief
Cowgills expands tax team with senior hires
Change in the treatment of the construction VAT self-supply charge