Transactional and Restructuring Tax
In almost every transaction, whether it be acquiring or restructuring a business, there are tax considerations. Businesses need to understand how tax costs are factored into any decisions when carrying out a transaction. That’s why it's important to involve our experts before you act.
You will work with a team that is commercially aware as you are and one that understands the tax implications involved in transactions. They get to know your situation and will bring you tax efficient solutions that are practical and complement your own commercial objectives.
We can support you with a wide range of tax services including:
- Advice on the structuring of sales consideration, i.e. cash, loan notes, shares
- Advise on the availability of Entrepreneurs relief and Substantial Shareholding Exemption
- Preparation of indicative tax liabilities pre-completion
- Review Head of Terms and Sale and Purchase Agreements
- Apply for HMRC Clearances
- Tax Due Diligence on target acquisitions
- Vendor Assist Tax DD
- Prepare disclosures against Tax Warranties.
We have advised on the following transactions:-
- Disposal of an online marketing business with an enterprise value of £7m
- Disposal of an IT consultancy business with an enterprise value of £4m
- Disposal of a property planning business with an enterprise value of £5m
- Disposal of a care home business with an enterprise value of £12m
- Disposal of a food manufacturing business with an enterprise value of £20m
Come and See us
We would be delighted
to hear from you.
Meet the team
News & Insight
Potential Reforms to UK’s Capital Allowance Regime
VAT considerations if you are converting commercial property to residential
SME homebuilders might lose out over cladding crisis they were never involved in
Cowgills Business Heroes: Wes Brown
Cowgills Business Heroes: Steve Parry
£58k bounce back loan fraudsters get 18-year ban
Change for businesses using the Flat Rate Scheme for postponed VAT accounting
Changes to the VAT treatment on the installation of Energy Saving Materials (ESMs) in Great Britain
Millionaire businessman loses appeal over ‘man-cave’ and faces £300k tax and VAT bills