Transactional and Restructuring Tax
In almost every transaction, whether it be acquiring or restructuring a business, there are tax considerations. Businesses need to understand how tax costs are factored into any decisions when carrying out a transaction. That’s why it's important to involve our experts before you act.
You will work with a team that is commercially aware as you are and one that understands the tax implications involved in transactions. They get to know your situation and will bring you tax efficient solutions that are practical and complement your own commercial objectives.
We can support you with a wide range of tax services including:
- Advice on the structuring of sales consideration, i.e. cash, loan notes, shares
- Advise on the availability of Entrepreneurs relief and Substantial Shareholding Exemption
- Preparation of indicative tax liabilities pre-completion
- Review Head of Terms and Sale and Purchase Agreements
- Apply for HMRC Clearances
- Tax Due Diligence on target acquisitions
- Vendor Assist Tax DD
- Prepare disclosures against Tax Warranties.
We have advised on the following transactions:-
- Disposal of an online marketing business with an enterprise value of £7m
- Disposal of an IT consultancy business with an enterprise value of £4m
- Disposal of a property planning business with an enterprise value of £5m
- Disposal of a care home business with an enterprise value of £12m
- Disposal of a food manufacturing business with an enterprise value of £20m
Come and See us
We would be delighted
to hear from you.
Meet the team
Partner, Indirect Tax
News & Insight
Quiz: Independent schools and VAT on fees
Autumn Statement Review
Fiscal drag and how to protect your finances
Cowgills advise Trade Fabrication Systems Ltd on US deal
Cowgills reaffirms commitment to Bolton with new office in the town
Are you prepared to refinance your business?
What can we expect in the Autumn Statement on 22 November?
The recent increase in Property Services M&A
Has the agency valuation bubble burst?