VAT Advisory & Compliance
VAT is never less than complex and an ever changing field. Our team, which includes ex-HMRC officers, are experts in VAT and are specialists in dealing with a range of issues from simple VAT queries to those that need nuanced and specialist attention.
Our VAT team has a range of expertise and keep abreast of the latest VAT changes. We can provide specific VAT advice to businesses, across a range of industry sectors, helping to minimise your exposure to unwanted VAT scrutiny.
Services provided by our team include:
- VAT refund opportunities & negotiation of retrospective windfalls
- Specialist VAT Packages
- Construction, land & property advice
- Resolving disputes with HMRC and assistance with VAT inspections
- Advising charities
- Advising the health and welfare sector
- Negotiating VAT recovery methods
- VAT tribunal and expert witness
- Due diligence for mergers & acquisitions
- VAT Health check
- Disclosure of VAT errors, including penalty negotiations.
We saved over £1.5m in VAT for our clients in 2018.
VAT is complex to say the least and even with the most honest intentions, a business can find itself on the wrong side of a HMRC VAT enquiry. Our expert team will help guide you through the relevant steps a business needs to ensure VAT compliance.
Come and See us
We would be delighted
to hear from you.
Meet the team
Partner, Indirect Tax
News & Insight
Autumn Statement Review
Fiscal drag and how to protect your finances
Cowgills advise Trade Fabrication Systems Ltd on US deal
Cowgills reaffirms commitment to Bolton with new office in the town
Are you prepared to refinance your business?
What can we expect in the Autumn Statement on 22 November?
The recent increase in Property Services M&A
Has the agency valuation bubble burst?
Cowgills appoints its first indirect tax partner